Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jamie Winborn: In His Own Words

"[The defense] is coming together; obviously we still have some work to do," Jamie Winborn said. "We've been having a lot of fun and that is the important part of the game."

"Anytime you are playing a game like this you want to have fun," he said. "If you can get everybody, first-team, second-team, third and fourth string, involved and having fun people want to be a part of it. I think that is how you begin to make something and build something special."

"I'm not too certain right now," He said regarding which position we would see him in 2008. "I can pretty much play any [position] they want me to play. However they see fit for me to be used I am willing to do that."

"[Denver] brought in guys that work hard, guys that have a lot of talent," he said. "The guys that they brought in will definitely help the team have a better chance at getting to the Super Bowl."

And playing special teams?

"I love playing special teams, I just love playing football in general," he said. "I definitely think I can help on special teams. Defensively, as they've seen from last season, if I am needed in that area I can also do that. As far as plans coming from upstairs I really don't know what they have, I am just happy that I am in any of the plans."


Jamie Winborn led the Broncos last season with 11 tackles on special teams and he also started the last two games at weak-side linebacker. He is heading into his first training camp with Denver, you'll remember he was signed after week 2 to the Broncos last season.

Winborn is a worthy option backing up and relieving current starter DJ Williams and is a headhunter on special teams.

No comments: