Thursday, July 10, 2008

Marlon McCree: In His Own Words

"I think it's going really well," Marlon McCree said. "I think guys are learning the defense, I think the scheme is great, every day it's a battle and we're all having a lot of fun."

"It kind of makes you settle a little bit, especially when you have a number that's been pretty good to you," he said. "I've only lost about seven games with No. 20, so hopefully we can carry that over."

"I'm definitely just trying to help out any way I can," he said. "Wherever the coaches feel I'm needed, that's what I'm trying to do."

"It's interesting, because there are a lot of similarities and there are a lot of differences, too [between San Diego and Denver's practices]," he said. "The guys on this team, the work ethic is extremely hard -- I've never worked this hard in an offseason program before."

"I'm in the best shape of my life, the guys on the team are in the best shape of their lives, and it's going to be a great year for us."

When Marlon McCree was brought in, Denver not only got a great player that has been essential in San Diego. He comes with a total of 404 tackles, 16 interceptions, five fumble recoveries, and three sacks and fumbles. Speculation is that McCree may have been brought in to replace John Lynch, who may or may not be in his final season in Denver (or the NFL).

However, it would be great to see the utter havoc a combo Lynch/McCree defensive backfield could unleash. If only for a year, wide receivers would tremble in fear of catching over the middle against Denver with these two skull crackers snarling somewhere in the mist.

No comments: