Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pre-Emptive Attack: Anthony Aldridge

Here's a little column that I thought up, should be fun in jest. What we're going to do is feature a youtube clip of a rookie and a posting from before the draft of a rival making a case for why that rookie should be on their team. Today we have Anthony Aldridge:

Here is Aldridge running for a nice 50-yarder for Houston (courtesy of CBS):



And here is a Raiders fan pleading for him to be picked up in the draft:

From the blog Raidersfans.net:

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/122487-anthony-aldridge.html

and features such lovely commentary as:
"Another running back who impresses the hell out of me who i truely expect to blossom in a zone blocking scheme is Anthony Aldridge from Houston. Dude runs a 4.26 40 and in 2006 ran for 959 yards and 8 TD's all on 95 CARRIES!!!! He's sick. Then in 07 he ran for over 1,500 yards and was second in the nation with like 6.41 YPC. He's proven he can take 30 carries a game and if mixed with Bush could be an all out dynamic duo. best part he's projected to go in the 6th round due to questions about his receiving ability."

2 comments:

Ryan's Ramblings said...

This is an informative and engaging blog about the team I love. Keep it up!

P.S. The secondary Broncos logo you created is pretty sweet. I think the Broncos are in need of a logo and uniform change from the late 90s loudness to a more retro/classic look. I think the logo is a good start of mixing old and new.

Anonymous said...

I love the new column Ian. I wish I could hear the guy saying "I guess he is not that good. But he seemed okay at the time"