Sunday, July 27, 2008

Training Camp: Day 3 (before morning practice)

Defensive tackle DeWayne Robertson will not participate in practice today. Don't know whether to read anything into that or not... Speculating based on OTA's the decision has probably more to do with insuring that Robertson will still be healthy come the regular season.

A note that I missed from yesterday was Mike Shanahan getting on tight end Tony Scheffler, after Scheffler had dropped a deep pass. “I told him don’t throw your helmet down, we don’t do that,” Shanahan said. “You lose your poise, people see it, your teammates see it. He’s going to be an excellent player, we know what type of receiver he is, but if you can’t handle yourself out here, you’re not going to handle yourself in games.”

And some quotes from corner back Dre Bly, "I don't have nothing to prove," he said. "Just be consistent, just keep doing what I've done, make plays and help this team win. Every year, I've been one of the top in making plays and that's what I plan on doing this year."

"I'm glad to be here again this year," he said. "Last year, I was blessed to be here and excited to be here. I told coach Shanahan the other day, even though we struggled last year, it was uplifting for me to be here and be a part of an organization like this.

No comments: