Saturday, June 21, 2008

In His Own Words: Anthony "Quick" Aldridge

"I mean the guy is fast," Samie Paker, unofficially the current fastest player on the Broncos, said. "As fast as advertised."

"I think I’m more of a speed back," Alridge said. "I think I can hit the edges. Counter plays, catching the ball out of the backfield. I think that is my part on this team. I am just going to try and do my part."

"Really nothing has surprised me," Alridge said. "I knew everybody was going to be fast on the defense. I knew everyone was going to float to the ball. I’m just trying to soak it all in because of all the plays and the long terminology. The blocking schemes are a whole lot different than college. It is a little challenging but it is fun all at the same time."

"They are teaching me everything I know," Alridge said. "Selvin Young has taken me under his wing, been a big brother type. Michael Pittman is doing the same thing. I am just learning as much as I can and trying to soak it all in."

"I am always with [Jarvis Moss] (whom is from the same home town as Aldridge) so it isn’t anything new; it’s fun," Alridge said.

"Who’s the fastest on the team? It’s me," Alridge said. "The rookie free agent. Anthony Alridge. Houston, Texas."

No comments: