Tuesday, June 17, 2008

UPDATE: Javon Walker

Okay, before I get into the article, I want to point out that the Javon Walker quote is from a website famous for posting pictures of Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Matt Leinart and Tennesse Titans Quarterback Vince Young. As well as a picture of our own Jay Cutler, I believe. Had they not signed off with a very poor last sentence, I'd be linking to them, but they did. So I'm going to link from ProFootballTalk, whom I know has some type of vendetta against Coach Shanahan. Anyway, here's the article, it's the lesser of two evils:

WALKER SPEAKS, MAKES NO SENSE

Raiders receiver Javon Walker has given an exclusive interview to TheDirty.com, a web site that gathered notoriety over the past few months for, among other things, the publication of photographs of NFL players in compromising positions.

Here’s Walker’s claim: “I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning, I got a knock at the door, I opened it and 3 guys with guns were there, they cracked me in the head a few times knocking me unconcious. They then robbed me of everything I had– my watch– money– everything! Somehow they got me to the car and dropped me off in the street. That’s what happened.”

Our reaction? Perhaps they need to check out Walker’s brain function a little more closely. Because whatever it was that cracked his orbital bone also might have functioned as the equivalent of a lobotomy.

Think about it. Three gun-wielding thugs walk through the lobby and, somehow knowing the number of Walker’s room, show up there, knock on the door, and pistol whip him when he opens it. Then, after ransacking the room, they drag his unconscious body out of the hotel without being detected and leave it in the street.

As we suggested during our Tuesday night visit with Todd Wright on Sporting News Radio, maybe the crooks put Brandon Marshall’s McDonald’s bag over Walker’s head so that Javon wouldn’t know where they were taking him.

If Walker’s story is true (and we’re certain that it isn’t), it’s surely not a random act. Robbers just want the loot — they feel no need to disrespect the victim if doing so enhances the possibility of being caught.

Given this lame-ass explanation, we’ve concluded that any and all jokes about the situation are fair game. And so we present Taco Bill’s Pic of the Day, crafted in honor of the Walker incident.

So if Walker was still signed I'd be making this a Shots Fired article, but he's not so I'm not. And just remember Mike Florio said it, not me.

No comments: