Saturday, June 7, 2008

Webster seeing first-team reps at Middle Linebacker


The Gazette is reporting that Nate Webster is seeing the first-team reps at middle linebacker this week:
Webster, who started 13 games for the Denver Broncos last year at outside linebacker, is practicing primarily at middle linebacker during this week’s minicamp and in Thursday’s practice he took the snaps with the starting defense. Niko Koutouvides signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract with the Broncos this offseason and seems to be the favorite to start at middle linebacker. Koutouvides worked with the second team Thursday.
Webster says:
It’s competition,” Webster said. “I guess we’ll be evaluated throughout the camps, practices and preseason. Nothing has been handed to him or me. We’re going to compete, which I don’t mind doing.” Adding, “That’s almost like being back home,” Webster said. “Middle linebacker is home for me. I can play the other ones, but I’m more instinctive in the middle.

No comments: